Thursday, November 5, 2009

Change

I always hear this phrase "time changes everything". I had a lot of friends who didn't believe(or didn't wanna believe) in the sheer truth of this phrase. Well, I think I've been through a major change, in this past year. I've managed to lose some weight (yeah~!!), I'm a very different person to some people, which I thought I would stay the same to, in the past. I've become a little more homebody, I don't go out till late anymore.
I thought I could stay the same, I thought I was ok the way I was. Turns out I wasn't.
Dejection is the word. What more could someone ask from me? I wonder and curse. My perception towards certain people changed, I hope it was for the better. I tend to stay the hell away from people's affairs, in malay they call it "tepi kain orang". Other people's side of the cloth.
I was uneasy, I wasn't myself. The abrupt end in my attitude, thinking back, got me a little scared. What if I turn out to be an angry bastard, bent on so much anger that I hurt people I was supposed to care about? Though all in my mind, I managed to keep it down low. But as time passed, I got used to it, and found out I was a much happier person.

All these things I thought I couldn't change, I changed it. Looking back, damn, I wonder to myself "why didn't I do it earlier?" to save myself much hassle and disappointment. In time, everything changes. It's just a matter of when.

I changed so much, I could barely recognize myself anymore. But I'd like to think that it was all for the better. I need to be much more selfish. If I could.

No comments: