Saturday, August 15, 2009

Ngi Di Dao Mao, Ah Po, Ngai Xie Pun Ngi Kon..

Dear Popo,
it's been around half a year since you went away. How are you doing? I hope you're doing great.

The house in Seremban is going to be sold off. I hope you're not too sad with it..I am, though. All those memories in it, gone, is just so depressing at times. I can't think of why I am writing this to you at 4am in the morning, in English as well, as I know you don't know a single word of English apart from your son-in-laws' names, and your grandsons' names, haha..

We miss you everyday. Did you get the stuff we burnt for you? Hope you liked those..never knew it would be sent through or not, if the service down there is like our Pos Malaysia.

It's going to be new year soon, in a matter of months..it's not going to be the same without you, giving orders..sitting at the kitchen steps, talking to mom..scolding us for sleeping late..and your cooking. I'd remember we used to have long chats in your room, where you'd tell me to be a good boy to the family, to study hard, and find more money, holding my hand and saying it's a rich man's type of hand, coz of the meat! I wish it's true, I know it would make you very happy to know we'd be living in style and comfort.

Our promise to you is being "built" now, you'd see it next year..yeah it's kinda hard on us, with me earning so little to make you proud right now, but I'm doing my best to not dissappoint you..
Things have always been hard on us, but remembering your words to me has always given me strength to go on, no matter how hard it was. I just hope you can see that we're giving it our best. Sister's changed, she's more dependable now, taking charge of things, leaving dad to be more at ease. The rest of us are trying our best too.

Sometimes I wonder, Po, are you watching us from above, know about our little successes, our minor achievements. I really wish you can. I wish I can turn back time sometimes, just 1 minute back then when we were in your room, talking at night, grandma to grandson..just another minute, to hold your hand, to give you a hug, to tell you that everything's going fine with the family, to be nagged at by you, to be scolded by you. I'd give everything I have just to see your smile once again to us, even though it's just for a minute, but I know that it's something we have to live with. My only wish is just to see you happy with us, and I am content.


Popo, where are you now?
I sometimes call out to you in my mind, could you hear me?
Could you see our successes and our hard work from where you are?
Popo, are you doing fine wherever you are?
Is there anyone there to take care of you?
If there's a next life, I hope you can be my grandma once again,
So I can hold your hand once again, So I can be nagged by you once again,
So I can be loved by you once again, So I can see you once again,
So I can hug you once again, So I can blow birthday candles with you once again,
So I can serve tea to you once again, So I can make you proud once again,
So I can again greet you, once again, as my dearest, most beloved Popo.

Your grandson forever,
Ah Boy.

1 comment:

My Sincere said...

Ur granny will be proud of what u have done bro.. she is the guardian angel of ur family.. do her proud dude! u will be successful in upcoming future mate! rmb wat u promise ur granny man!

Cheers,
Tong